This role involves working in a busy distillery bonded warehouse. You will be expected to work closely with all members of the production team, to ensure all work is carried out in a safe, professional, and timely manner. It is essential that you can work as part of a team, also the capability and confidence to work on your own with certain tasks.
Within this role, you will receive training and will work towards obtaining your SVQ Warehousing, Storage and Distribution at SCQF Level 5. You will be expected to adhere to, HMRC, H & S, food safety and environmental compliance, also working within Glenturret’s procedures and work instructions. You will be part of an ongoing innovation program and as your skills develop, we expect you to be more and more involved with delivering this. To be successful in the role you will also need to be flexible. The production department works very closely with the brands team on site, and you may be asked to help in other areas of the business.
- Carry out empty cask intake and assessment.
- Carry out cask preparation for filling.
- Assist in preparing spirit for filling into casks, including taking the charge and reducing spirit to the correct filling strength.
- Assist in cask filling and transport to the warehouses.
- Receiving and despatching casks to and from the warehouse.
- Stowing and de-stowing in a dunnage warehouse.
- Using and uploading information from our stock system “Dramscan”.
- Sampling and re-gauging casks.
- Assist in re-racking and vatting operations.
- Tapping and repairing casks.
- Utilising space in the warehouse.
- Assist in stock management.
- Carry out stock checks.
- Assisting with warehouse security.
- IT literate
- Aware of Environmental issues.
- Aware of Health & safety responsibilities of self and others.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good people skills are essential.
- Hardworking and highly motivated.
Send your application via the Modern Apprenticeship Website here: https://www.apprenticeships.sc...